F.A.Q.s

Is there a minimum gift amount?

Hunter College is accepting gifts of $10 or more during GivingTuesday.

Is my GivingTuesday contribution tax deductible?

Yes, your gift is entirely tax-deductible. You will receive an email confirmation that will serve as your receipt for tax purposes. Please consult your tax advisor.

Can I designate my gift to a fund other than The Fund for Hunter?

Yes, you may. If you prefer to have your gift support a specific scholarship program, please let us know in the comment section.

You can help get the word out!

Post about GivingTuesday on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using #HunterGives.

Can I make a gift by phone on GivingTuesday?

Yes. From 9 a.m. to 11:59 p.m., call 212.772.4085. When you call, please have your contact and credit card information available.

Can I make a make my gift in the form of stock/securities in support of GivingTuesday?
Yes, you could make a gift of stock to support Hunter on Giving Tuesday.
When transferring securities please provide your bank or broker the following information:

JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
DTC Participant Number 902
FFC to Account Number – P72500
For Account Number – PBD#55732007
For Account of – The Hunter College Foundation

By Wire Transfer
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
500 Stanton Christiana Road
Newark, DE 19713
ABA # 021 000 021
Account Number – 3255732007
For Account of – The Hunter College Foundation

Can I give via a charitable rollover from my IRA?
Yes! You can transfer funds directly from your IRA to make a charitable gift to Hunter College, tax-free. To make your IRA charitable rollover count for GivingTuesday, you must contact your plan administrator requesting the distribution to Hunter College, and then send a copy of your request to Hunter College Foundation by 5 p.m. EDT on Monday, November 26, 2018. For more information, please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement at 212.772.4085 or alumnirelations@hunter.cuny.edu

Need additional help?

Contact us via email at alumnirelations@hunter.cuny.edu or call 212.772.4087 for assistance.